Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Homemade Whipped Cream Another Adventure

I am random in my moments of discovery. I have made my own cake icing before mmmm buttercream frosting. I have also made my own whipped cream. Today I was experimenting with butter, and decided to try again to make my own whipped cream. Was a busy day for me. Well sort of, it only took a few minutes of my time.

I used my immersion blender to make the whipped cream. I usually use my stand mixer and the wisk attachment, but I can't seem to find that attachment. This is a simple recipe that is yummy!

Take 1 cup of Heavy Whipped Cream and poor it into your chilled bowl and use what mixer you have. Mix it for about a minute. It should have soft peaks. Then gradually add 2 tablespoons of regular suger and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Then beat it again for 1 minute. That's about it. Just make sure that you don't beat it too much. It could seperate and turn into some funky tasting butter. Without the sugar and vanilla you'd have some good butter.

After you're done refrigerate until it's ready to be served! How easy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment